Wednesday 12 December 2012

Epilepsy..The Starting Point..

Hi and welcome to my little bit on my blog.  My name’s Alice Rose i'm 20, and i’m a sufferer of a life condition you've probably heard of called Epilepsy. I was officially diagnosed with it in 2011 although like many illnesses I had to struggle to get it properly recognised. Living with this condition forced me to make a lot of changes to my lifestyle a lot of them are quite limiting. Having uncontrollable seizures also brought a lot of negativity to my life and relationships as a side effect besides the fits themselves. I’m sure a lot of fellow sufferers out there also feel the same and so I want to not only share my story here, but pass on the advice that I've learned. Hopefully people don’t have to suffer if my experiences can help instead! I have found ways to lessen or deal with symptoms, notice warning signs and importantly get my mind off of the illness. They helped me get past the worst part of my life although dealing with the illness is still a daily struggle and I don’t have a cure, a lot of the time I do have very good days too! I know that if I can keep going and share, then others don’t have to feel alone so my idea is that art, fashion and the way you think can change your perception of Epilepsy in a positive way. In my upcoming posts I’ll try to show this to you all and I very much hope that I can learn from you all too! <3

Love Alice <3

Photo off of Dailypositivequotes.com

8 comments:

  1. You're so lovely Alice, for first off sharing that and also wanting to help others out too. You're literally so brave and like a ray of sunshine! even though I don't have epilepsy I think your post will help me to know more about it/know the signs and symptoms! :)

    Vanese
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much sweetie :) Yes i will be doing more posts displayiong what helped me and what may help others so keep posted :) Lots of Love xx

      Delete
  2. I don't suffer from epilepsy but I think your doing a great thing bringing recognition about the illness through your blog, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou sweetie :)I really appreciate the comment :)

      Delete
  3. I do not have the illness, but this was a very inspiring post. I know you are going through a lot, but I know it will get better for you, and you have brought that to me through your post as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment :) Yes i hope that others understand what its like to go through it like the people who have it doo. Some people dont understand but im glad youve writen this and all the others with the pervious comments as it makes me want to help others more. :) Thanks sweetiie :)Lots of Love to you all xx

      Delete
  4. Love that inspirational quote. Sometime we do need some meaningful quotes to get a boost to get through tough times :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes course follow me and ill definitely follow back :) xx Thank you for your comment im glad you liike it :) xx

      Delete